We look forward to welcoming all children back tomorrow after what has been a long time away! As you may know, the government relaxed COVID restrictions and our school has now returned back to running as it was prior to the pandemic. We outline some points from our risk assessment below to set out the measures we still have in place to attempt to play our part in reducing transmission and keeping the school running with hopefully no more closures!
- School site opens at 8.45am. No children should be on the site prior to this time as there is no one to supervise.
- Triscombe enter the classroom at 8.45am, Alfoxton and Beacon wait in the area by the side gate. These two classes enter at 8.55am.
- Distancing etc will no longer be required, neither mask-wearing
- Pre-school arrangements remain unchanged
- Gates will open at 3.20pm each day and all three classes will be brought out at the side gate area.
- Children are required to wear PE kits on the days they have PE. All children have PE every Friday and Years Reception, 1,2 and 3 have PE on a Tuesday this term.
Prevention of Transmission Measures Remaining
- Classrooms will continue to be well-ventilated and aired out after each session
- Regular stops for handwashing
- Staff and children may home test twice a week
- Regular review of our risk assessment
- Enhanced cleaning of frequently-touched surfaces daily
We have a COVID19 outbreak plan to reinstate measures if that is what Public Health England requires us to do and if we meet certain thresholds of cases:
- 3 members of staff in close contact contracting COVID19
- 5 children in close contact contracting COVID19
In the event of positive cases, self-isolation for 10 days is required and a switch to remote learning (if applicable). This would have to be confirmed following a follow-up PCR test.
Close contacts are not required to self-isolate if:
If you are concerned or want to discuss any of this then Mr Tucker is in school until 5pm today.