Hi guys, it's Friday! Whoop!
I hope you're all doing well! It's been nice to speak to a few of you over the past few days and even see some of you while I was delivering those packs (sorry again for the mix up). I have tried to give you all a call but if I haven't got through to you yet I will keep trying - don't panic, it's just for a chat.
Okay, let's talk about the Friday task... I must apologise, I haven't had chance to create a video today so I hope my step-by-step instructions below make sense!
We're going to stray away from Isatou today and think about spellings and homophones.
Can you remember what homophones are?
You're right! Homophones are words which have the same pronunciation but have different meanings or spellings.
1. I would like you to have a look at the homophones on the picture below and, using this online dictionary (click here), write some sentences using a few of the homophones (you don't need to do one for every word). The dictionary will help you work out the meaning of each word. I'd like you to choose the ones you're unfamiliar with so you can teach me about them when we see each other again!
Well done! Now on to task 2!
2. Have a look at these three homophones. They are the three which are often muddled up when we write. Have a look at the picture and discuss with your family how you might use each version in a sentence.
3. Can you copy and complete these sentences so they use the correct version of 'there' 'their' 'they're'?
Well done! You can check answers at the bottom of the page! Now for task 4.
4. I'd like you to use the homophones sheet, dictionary (click here) and the two word mats below and check your spelling in all the written tasks you have completed this week. If you edit and you don't have a red pen - don't panic! Just use a pencil.
Answers for Task 3
1. "Look at the beautiful rainbow over there!" gasped Lydia.
2. The one with the white fence is their house.
3. Do you think they're hiding?
4. Put the book over there on the shelf.
5. Their bus was running late.
6. The cold wind made their teeth chatter.
7. Could they be in there?
8. Blue Smarties are the best, they're my favourites.
9. Ava and Lucas put their hands up at the same time.
10. Are you sure they're not real?
11. The new teacher got their books in a muddle.
12. I went there last summer too!
13. Is there a doctor anywhere near?
Click here for more information.